So, I've started to keep a food journal. I started it on the 13th actually, which was Crystal's birthday and I forgot to call and wish her happy birthday-such a bad friend. Anyway, so I've been writing down every single thing I shove into my mouth, every bite and nibble. Keeping up with it has so far been pretty easy. And I've noticed that I really don't eat such bad things or large quantities of food. And I've also kept up with the whole working out thing, I'm atleast working out 3 days a week. Now I know it hasn't been long at all since this whole working out thing was started and I know losing weight doesn't happen over night. But, the question is why I have gained even more weight? And for everyone who says, "Oh, it might be muscle weight." Why are my clothes getting tighter and tighter? I'm going to keep up all my hard work and hope it eventually pays off, but in the mean time I'm a bit frustrated.
On the brighter side of things, I do feel somewhat like an intellectual. I took my Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class and made a 94% on the test! I was quite excited about that too, thank you very much! I guess I do know a thing or two about labor. I've just now noticed the difference from working at NFRMC and working here at Madigan. At NFRMC there was always a choice, well kinda, to get a labor pt vs. a post-partum pt. It you felt like you needed a break from labor, you could ask for post-partum. Here at Madigan I don't get the choice between those two. Here I can choose between the healthy labor pt or the sick labor pt. And if you get a "normal" labor pt, it's a relief for once. As we say here, it's not Madigan...it's Mag'd again. Every darn pt is pre-eclamptic. So, I guess you could say that moving out here to WA was a good idea after all. I'm learning more and feel more comfortable in labor and delivery quicker I think than I would have had I stayed at NFRMC...no offense against anyone there (nurse & dr wise). It's just that here I get 2, sometimes 3 pt's a shift and I have no choice but to learn something from everyone of them, which I actually enjoy if you can imagine that. I remember when Crystal and I would try to avoid getting another labor pt after our first one would deliver. Now I know where Sonia was coming from only wanting labor pts. On another note, I feel like after a year or two here I could definitely use some time back at NFRMC, back where the learning began. Afterall that is where I left my heart, with all my friends.
Yeah, thanks for the Happy Birthday, at least I got a VERY nice card!! I'm happy for you, Miss Smartie Pants! I'm feeling the labor vibe too finally...I'm just over postpartum pts and their issues! Love you much, miss you lots!!! :(
ReplyDelete