I've finally had my first parking lot delivery! Well, I didn't really do anything...the mom did all the work. We got a call from the dad who said they were on their way and that he thought his wife was going to deliver in the car. So, myself, a baby nurse, and a midwife went out to the parking lot. Well, by the time we got down there she had sure enough had her baby in the car. She was holding her sweet little baby in her arms! So, all I really did was make sure the baby was breathing ok and help to get her into a wheelchair...with the baby and placenta still attached...all you L&D peeps know what I mean. So, it wasn't really that big of a deal, but exciting none the less. After I recovered and then transferred this patient over to mother-baby the two star commanding general of our hospital came up to the floor and presented to the three of us this lovely coin. I thought it was pretty neat and decided to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment