Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pam & Nicole brought the sun with them from FL!


Pam, Nicole, and me at the end of the Underground Tour.





Kathryn, me, Pam, and Nicole at the end of our second day of snowboarding.



So, this past week I was able to spend some time with a couple of my favorite people and show them a little bit of my world here in WA. Pam & Nicole flew in a little later than originally expected, but they made it here safe and that's all that matters. They got here late last Tuesday night and then the next morning we headed for the mountain...Crystal Mountain that is (which then made me think about one of my other fav peeps). We all thought it would be a good idea to take a snowboarding lesson. Pam & Kathryn (Justin's sis) had never snowboarded before and it had been a while since Nicole & I had done it ourselves. Justin on the other hand was happy to be by himself away from the estrogen on the top of the mountain away from the bunny slopes. So we took a two and a half hour lesson which taught us a few tricks to the trade and by the end of this lesson we were all exhausted, it was 4pm and the lifts were closing soon so we decided to call it a day and get ready for some food. We got up early the next day and decided to try it on our own. It was a ton of fun, although all the hilarious falling gave each of us our own little specialty bruises...Pam on her butt-bone, Nicole on her head, and Kathryn & I on our knees.


On Nicole & Pam's last day we headed for Seattle to show them the sites during the day and take them to the airport that night. Pam had been to Seattle before when her brother was stationed here, Nicole had never been. So we hit up the famous Underground Tour first, which was rather interesting to me cause I really enjoy history. The tour guides were also extremely sarcastic, so we all know I enjoyed that as well. Then we headed for the lovely Pike's Place Market where you could just walk around all day. Walking through it makes me want to live closer to Seattle so that I could buy locally grown, fresh fruits & veggies and fresh seafood all the time. We all bought our little trinkets and then got some yummy lunch...I of course got the falafel wrap from the Greek family owned food stand...so good! Then we did some more walking and climbing of stairs and took the bus to the Space Needle. We did the typical tourist stuff, then it was time for dinner at any of the fresh seafood restaurants. We got some delicious dinner and then did some more walking and climbing of stairs, headed back to the car, and then on to the airport. It was then I had to say goodbye to my tie to Florida. Then once I got back to the car I shed some unexpected tears. It was sad to say bye to two of my favorite girls and since we had such great, sun filled weather while they were here (very unusual) I was afraid the foggy, gray days would return.


It was a great few days and I'm glad they were able to come out to see me. I'm especially glad they had fun in the mean time. Their visit just makes me even more eager for my return to the great state of FL in March...can't wait!!









1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous!!! Oh well, March will be here soon...can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete